Kyrgyz Self-drive rules
Starting a tour in Kyrgyzstan you are recommended to get to know self-drive rules in case you have decided to travel on your own or on a rented car. In this case you are advised to investigate the following rules:
- The car for your tour should be chosen and paid for in advance as during the very tour of travelling in Kyrgyzstan you will not find the desired one. The car can be chosen according to the amount of money you can pay for it and according to your taste. The tour starts from June 20 and lasts till September 20.
- If you have decided to rent a car for a tour the driver must be more than 18 and less than 64. If you avoid the rule you will be punished.
- You can pay for the car in any currency - som, dollar or euro. And note that the car insurance is included in the price but it doesn't cover damages of windows, tires and roof.
- For your tour to be interesting and breathtaking you need to follow mileage and territorial limits. Which are based on the necessity to follow rules of covering just 300km in a day and you can travel only in Kyrgyzstan, Kazakhstan, Tajikistan and Uzbekistan. In this case you will have to pay 50$ for the insurance in other countries.
- In the course of a tour you will have to follow traffic rules which are based on the necessity to drive 40 to 60 km/h in the city and 90 km/h in the village. At the same time it is obligatory to give way to pedestrians and do not drive in the alcoholic intoxication.
- If you happen to get in the car accident it is necessary to inform our managers and representatives of the police. Tell them all the details and remember all who took part in the accident. Make sure there are witnesses.
- When you return from the tour you need to return the car with the same amount of fuel. In other case you will pay for the fuel according to the prices of the contract.